Saturday, September 03, 2005

Maine

With apologies to SI's Peter King, here's "Six Things I Think I Thought About" the Nebraska-Maine game:
1. Shouldn't this have been listed on the NFL's exhibition schedule? I don't know if this game tells anything more about the Huskers than those final meaningless games from the pros. Sure, plenty of questions seemed to pop up, but last year's win over Western Whatever-State-It-Was sure didn't give an indication of the true nature of the season to come.
2. How much of the moolah that Maine got coming to Lincoln will be spent on ice, band-aids, etc. for thos poor QBs? I think the O-Line better make sure those banged up boys get the prime seats on the flight back. They're going to be hurting for a while.
3. Are bears blue in nature? Heck, with the colors of Maine and the species of the UCLA Bruin, I'm wondering if powder/baby blue isn't the color of those critters in nature. If so, why aren't they extinct?
4. I'm glad I voted "No" on the HuskersHQ poll about if Taylor would break the NU single game passing yardage record. Makes me feel all smart and stuff. But I think that Taylor-Hardy connection might be one to watch. Hey, I feel smart again!
5. Is football season for the Universit of Maine like basketball season in these parts? You know, just something to pass the time until the state's "true" sport. A few more decent showings against I-A foes, and maybe Maine won't be only known for hockey. Hmmmmm...wonder how far would-have-been Tri-City Storm goaltender Matt Lundin will lead Maine this season in it's prime sport.
6. What won out more often, buying the PPV or getting two gallons of gas? Some might have kept that $29.95 in their pocket, not wanting to shell out money for an expected blowout that just never occurred. You know, if somebody's smart, they'll invent the car that runs on milk. Never thought I'd see the day that a gallon of milk is cheaper than a gallon of gas.

Posted by Dale Miller @ Saturday, September 03, 2005 ||


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links