Saturday, October 15, 2005

Baylor

Things I think I thought while listening to the game, and later typing up the stats.
1) Are we spoiled by almost every game on TV or what? Those of us without a PPV option for one reason or another forget it isn't our constitutional right in this state to see every game. Had a flashback though of my youth (the '80s, I still consider myself a young-un) when the two, three NU games on TV a season were an event.
2) A dominating win over Baylor. And it was by nine points. Yup, times have changed on both sides.
3) Sixth game of the season, and NU rushes for a season-high 182 yards. Yup, times have changed.
4) Nice to see...er hear and read...about a G.I. boy making one of the biggest plays. Kudos to former Crusader Todd Peterson on his third-quarter TD. Had to get a chuckle out of Kurt Mann's comment to him though.
5) Did I think I thought there might be a kicker controversy a few weeks ago? I think I shouldn't have thought that.
6) Missouri. Playing for a share of the Big 12 North lead. On the road. Huskers looking good going in. Yup, once again, Pessimitic Nation is getting flashbacks to two years ago. Optimistic Nation wants P.N. to look a little closer to the stats, especially what the Blackshirts did against the Bears. That defense is soooooolid.

Posted by Dale Miller @ Saturday, October 15, 2005 ||


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links