Saturday, September 09, 2006

Nicholls State

Things I think I think while wondering if farmers wish football season could be moved back to spring/summer when they REALLY need the rain...
1. Yes, the passing game looked sharp. Zac Taylor really looked sharp. The running game was solid. The defense was good. And it was against an NCAA Div. I-AA team. I guess the Huskers got out of it what they could, but it wasn't Ohio State they were facing, no matter what the uniforms looked like.
2. Nicholls state gets $350,000, a 56-7 whipping and a broken QB. Glass half full or glass half empty? I guess the important thing is athletic department bank account full.
3. That's what an 84,000 plus Sea of Red Ponchos looks like, huh?
4. With the coaches and players swearing they haven't looked ahead to USC at all, I have to believe them. Taylor said the players haven't even looked at any USC film yet. Still, USC was mentioned in about the third sentence out of Bill Callahan's mouth in his postgame press conference. I'm guessing work on the Trojans began...about 30 minutes after Nicholls State left the field.
5. Never thought I'd see a college football game with a team having zero passing yards. Heck, even the Huskers would put up 20 during the option era.
6. Having seen the HuskerTron2006 in action for the first time during the game, it was my duty as an American sports loving male to dream of having such a giant screen in my living room. However, the fear of my 2-year old gaining control of the remote and subjecting me to a 100-foot tall Elmo, Cookie Monster or (gasp) Teletubby ends that dream quickly.
7. OK, I'll play along with the jokesters out there. Right now it's Chadron State that should replace Colorado in the Big 12 North, right? Let's see where this six degrees of Montana State ends up in November...

Posted by Dale Miller @ Saturday, September 09, 2006 ||


HuskersHQ BLogger Network

Previous Posts

Archives

Links