Sunday, November 05, 2006
2. Anybody else with they were as consistent at their job as Brandon Jackson? Sixteen carries in each half, 56 yards in the first half, 55 yards in the second, one fumble in each. I'm guessing both Jackson and the coaches wish that last stat dropped to zero, though.
3. Did Cody Glenn and Kenny Wilson watch the game from the stands or a skybox? Just wondering, because two of the big four NU running backs were MIA from this year. It seems clear that there is no longer 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D. Jackson is 1, Marlon Lucky 2, and the others see time of the Huskers go up by 40.
4. Rumor starter: Gary Pinkel accidently brought the "Contain Brad Smith Ourselves" gameplan and used it on Chase Daniel.
5. A dropped fourth down pass, the D giving up some points, etc. are areas that some might complain about in the second half, but did anyone besides the Tigers ever get the feeling that they ever really got back in the game?
6. We know what kind of home team the Huskers are. Now it's time to see if they're a new road team. Solid road games at USC, Iowa State and K-State convinced many in Husker Nation that the road woes of the past two years are over. But Okie State brought back the away from Lincoln Malox moments. Texas A&M is not an easy place to play. But it's tough to figure out how the Aggies will play coming off a tough loss to OU.